Just finished watching the Galactica season premiere. I don’t want to say anything spoileriffic about it, because one of my favourite readers hasn’t even seen season 3 yet! (Said reader should probably avoid looking at the comments section of this post….) But I have a hypothesis, and a prediction, as to why our gun-toting friend takes the action she takes in the last scene of tonight’s episode; my guess can be inferred from 1 Samuel 24: 8-13. We’ll see if I’m right next week.
I agree with the said remark. Makes good sense. Nice Biblical reference…
“I could have killed you but I didn’t” has been the MO of the sleeper cyclons all along. 😉
Also, anyone else appreciate the gnostic mythos of the sleeper cyclon’s anamnesia? The whole cyclon thing seems to be serving the function of a teaching machine. Wonder if the end game involves a synthesis through the hybrid children as the beginnings of the Earthling race of humans.
A neat little essay from PKD for the sci-fi gnostics:
I thought the funniest part is how Baltar became the leader of some weird cult and when his “followers” asked him about truth he said “The uh… ruling class is trying to keep the truth from you that there is only one God!”
Baltar’s story is great. I love how James Callis let his character’s hidden Aerelon dialect slip during the bathroom test scene. He’s also the only human to ever say “Please God” (singular) which is significant.
VALIS is weird like that. 😉
Friday night’s episode is making me think if Baltar isn’t the 12th Cylon (12th Imam, ah der) then he is atleast connected in some way to the original cylon programmer.
Ron Moore has said that none of the people in the “last supper” pic is the 12th cylon.
1) The Cylons have a plan. What is it? Have we gotten any clues?
2) What sort of experiments were they doing on the surviving humans? Are they still doing them?
3) At one point, they told the humans they’d made a mistake and were going to leave them alone. The next time we see them, they aren’t trying to kill them anymore, but they are trying to enslave them. When they said they were going to leave them alone were they lying? Did they change their minds? If the latter, why?
4) Do all copies of the same model share the memories and knowledge of all the others in that model?
5) If a raider can spot one of the final five just with one scan, why can’t the skinjobs who have worked and lived with them for months do so?
6) Some of the Cylons seem to know more about this “happened before will happen again” stuff than the others. Why don’t they share this knowledge with the other Cylons?
7) What is the six Baltar keeps talking to? The other sixes don’t seem to know anything about her. She can’t be a figment of his imagination. As he has noted she has told him things that he can’t possibly have known. On the other hand, she hasn’t known things that you might expect her to have known, such as the presence of the six on the Pegasus.
8) In the latest episode, there was a lot of talk about their original programming. Who or what programmed them?
9). I’ve been waiting four seasons for Count Iblis to show up. Where the frak is he? You have ignored this user.