The next time you hear someone say, Its disrespectful to the victims of 9/11 to build near Ground Zero a monument to the religious ideas that motivated their murder, tell them: Darn right, we shouldnt have any mosques or churches or synagogues in the area its an insult to those victims of monotheist ideology.
Archive | August 23, 2010
Ron Paul vs. Rand Paul on the non-Ground-Zero non-mosque.
How come whenever Rand Paul deviates from Ron Paul its always in the wrong direction?
Some C4SS-related items worth checking out: [Note that this does not mean that other C4SS-related items not listed here are not worth checking out!]
- Kevin Carson on The Cognitive Biases of Hierarchy. (Turns out that power makes you stupid.)
- Charles Johnson on Is the Problem Really Too Little Trust in Government? (Can you guess the answer?)
- The C4SSs pocket subversion edition of Lysander Spooners Constitution of No Authority, with a talk by me as the appendix.
- Several C4SS folks, myself included, will be speaking at Libertopia in October.
- News on other C4SS doings (and how you can help) in Brad Spanglers July-August fundraiser announcement and Tom Knapps 8/13 and 8/20 media outreach updates.
Please support the Centers work if you can. $5 here and $10 there can be a lifesaver.
I know some of my readers regard even idle speculation as spoilerrific, so …
Neil Gaiman is writing an episode for next seasons Doctor Who. (Yay!)
Hes had to cut over ten pages out of it. (Boo!)
Hes posted online a bit of dialogue that was cut. (Yay!)
Gaiman says this is spoiler-free, since it tells you absolutely nothing about the story except that it now doesnt have a scene with a bowl of food in it. But of course thats not quite true. We can infer, at least, that there are non-humanoid aliens in the story (since Amy would be unlikely to exclude humanoid aliens from the category of people), and that they are on sufficiently good terms with our protagonists to offer them food. (Of course prisoners get fed, so that doesnt tell us all that much. The reference to background radiation makes me think of Daleks, but I cant imagine Dalek cuisine being yummy even by Gallifreyan standards, and besides I somehow dont expect a Dalek episode from Gaiman.)